Drawing on our rich history of heat press engineering and manufaturing,
an era of simple yet robust design, we proudly introduce the HT-400E into this new era.
Whether you are just entering the heat applied graphics business or are established as an expert craftsman, the HIX HT-400E Clamshell Press offers many advantages you will find of value. It is Economical to purchase, Easy to operate and Extremely mobile in design for those craftsmen that travel with their press.
There is no more need to compromise quality for price. The HT-400E is Made in the USA at and available at an affordable price.
The HT-400E is designed after the industry tested HIX digital HT-400. Like the HT-400, the HT-400E has a solid steel frame, laser precision cut parts, and quality bushings for years of reliable, durable use.
Where the HT-400E differs from the digital HT-400 is in mobility. The HT-400E was designed to offer a mobile solution for the traveling craftsman. The digital controls and housing have been removed to make the press easier to transport from venue to venue. A secure handle locking pin has also been added to prevent the handle from opening during transport and potentially causing injury.
The modified simple design of the HT-400E not only makes it more portable but also less costly to build and therefore can be sold at a more affordable price.
- Calibrated analog temperature dial.
- Front mounted thermometer.
- Heat indicating light illuminates until the press reaches the set temperature.
- Handle locking pin for secure transport of the press.
- Simplified design for better mobility.
- Tilting (floating) lower platen – The bottom platen tilts up toward the upper platen as the heat press closes. This equalizes pressure even when pressing thick items, like a quarter-inch thick 8×10” ceramic tile.
- Top Pressure Plate – The handle attaches to a 4″x5″ pressure plate on the top platen instead of a single screw going into the top platen. This provides more even pressure on the outside edges of the press (think of it as pushing down with your entire hand, versus just your thumb).
- 100% Made in the USA – HIX has its own 110,000 sq ft manufacturing facility with its very own fully integrated aluminum foundry, CNC mill operation, welding, metal forming, wiring, fabrication, assembly, and packaging departments.
- A one-year general warranty and lifetime warranty on the heater element.
Dimensions: W 21” x H 23” x D 33”
Heat Platen Size: 15” x 15” (38 x 38 cm)
Weight Shipping: 79 lbs. (36 kg)